`

`

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May2, 2010

Granted it was just after midnight, but it was the day I gave birth to our 4th son, Jordan. It was also the day we said goodbye to our 4th son.  I can't even express the emotion that goes along with that. Unless you've experienced it, I don't think you can. A friend of mine just lost her brother and the best way I could explain it to her was surreal.
You have plans for your life. Plans that involve people. The way you think your life will go. The road you think you will travel.
That doesn't always happen.  We live in a fallen world. There will be pain. There will be heartache.  But the God who spoke this world into existence is the same God who heals the broken hearted, Jehovah-Rapha. The God who gives and the God who takes away.  As C.S. Lewis says, He is not safe, but He is good.  God is ALWAYS good.
So today, 2 years after saying goodbye to my sweet Jordan. I am remembering him. His sweet face. Hs smell.  The memories we could have shared.  But I'm also remembering how far I've come over these last 2 years. The road I did travel.  How my relationship with the Lord has strengthened. How Daddy-O and the boys relationships with the Lord has strengthened. 
Life is not always fair.
Questions are not always answered.
But God is ALWAYS good.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Loved the post and Love you.

Rachel said...

you are truly an inspiration to so many!

The Crooked Sticks said...

I stand in awe of your grace and wisdom. I truly see Jesus in you. Love you.