`

`

Monday, December 19, 2011

Last Wednesday evening, Camron started acting a little out of sorts. We had planned to all take part in our church's Live Nativity that we SO look forward to each year. I stayed home with the youngest 3 and Daddy-O and Jaxon went to be townspeople in Bethlehem. The next morning, Camron woke seemingly fine so we went on with our day. Jaxon, who didn't eat much for breakfast, began complaining of lower right abdominal pain before lunch. Knowing the signs of appendicitis (because I had it at a young age) began pressing and questioning. I decided to take him and Camron to the Dr. that afternoon. The Dr. immediately did a strep test on Cam which was positive and was concerned about Jax. He had another Dr. examine him and we all decided the hospital was a good option. There are no pediatric surgeons in High Point so our pediatrician sends you to Brenners. I ran Camron home, picked up Daddy-O who had to leave work early and off to Brenner's ER we went! Once we arrived at the hospital, we were seen by various Dr.'s of different levels. I honestly couldn't keep them all straight. It's funny how you are in a Children's ER so you would think ALL the staff would be "good" with kids....MOST of them were, don't get me wrong, but here was one Dr. who was very skeptical! I could tell she thought Jax was just fine! And he was doing really well compared to some appendix patients! He wasn't vomiting, his fever was low grade, he was even smiling and laughing off and on! I know my child...I knew something was not right! After hours of different people pushing, poking, making him jump up and down, and finally blood work, they decided that this was more than likely his appendix. Whew! I tried to tell them! Don't they know a mama's gut is usually right?! They took him back to prep him for surgery shortly after midnight. We were all exhausted and starving at this point! Daddy-O and I grabbed some "dinner" and he ran home for some things. At 3 something they called from the recovery room and I could hear my poor baby screaming for me. Talk about breaking a mama's heart. I ran there as fast as I could to try and calm him as he came out of anesthesia. He was in a lot of pain. They gave him some meds to calm him and shortly after Daddy-O got back. We were finally able to get back to his room a little before 4. They discharged him late Friday afternoon and we have been taking it easy since. He is still sore and wants to do more than he can. Bless his heart, he wants more than anything to be able to pick up his baby sister!
Camron and Caden were both treated for strep and are back to their usual active selves! We are so thankful that this happened the week before Christmas! We know how blessed we are to have caught this early before he got really sick or worse, the appendix ruptured!

No comments: