A few
homeschool families went caroling this evening at a nursing home close to our house. The last time we went,
Jaxon was in Kindergarten. Tonight was great! It started off rather funny...okay, downright hilarious. I made arrangements with the lady who works there and set up the time and everything. When we got there, there was another group ready to sing away. The woman in charge of that group asked what songs we were singing, to which I replied casually, "Rudolph, Frosty, and Jingle Bells!". She said those weren't on their list but that she had extra printed out if we needed them....oooookkkkkkaaaaayyyy...I was confused. She then asked if they could go first since they had 2 other stops. Of course I said yes....and thank goodness I did. They all get ready and started to sing....in harmony, with a little tuner thing (no I have no clue what it's called)...they had been practicing! We just wanted to sing some fun songs and have some fun! Which is exactly what we did and the people living there LOVED it! One woman was in tears afterwards talking to us about how much it meant to have children come visit especially for those whose family aren't around or just don't bother visiting!

Here is the first group...yes I had to snap a shot! They really sounded good!
And here's our group! Singing a little Frosty. Who really knows all those words by heart anyway....hehe ;)
We even moved into the dining area (by request of course) so they could have a little entertainment with their dinner!
Here are all the sweet kiddos posing for a picture in front of the tree. They did SUCH a good job!
I was extra proud of Camron and Caden for going around before we left and giving Christmas hugs to the residents! Melted this mama's heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment