`

`

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ENDURE

Before the New Year and before my facebook disappearance, I heard and saw many people discussing their "theme" for 2011. I hadn't really given it much thought and didn't want to decide on a word for myself that I may not be able to "stick" to.

And that was that.

Then New Years Eve came. Around 3 am, one of my loves woke me up because he had to go #2. Yes, in the middle of the night...that's a {little} man for ya!

When I groggily got back in bed, I clearly heard the word "endure". Then I immediately thought of these verses,

1Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:1-3

The next morning during my quiet time, I looked up these verses and the meaning of the word endure... to stand firm; endure; persevere; take it patiently; abode (act of waiting); suffer

I am not sure what this means for me. I do know I have brought this to mind many times over the past few weeks (for various reasons) and it gives me an unmistakable peace.

So I will endure. I will persevere. I will stand firm. I will take it patiently. I will abide. I will suffer.




3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
5For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5

3 comments:

Lara G Williams said...

Endure. Such a powerful word to remember in a year ahead of unknowns. He will sustain.

Bobby and Brooke said...

I like that word. I also like how you're always teaching me! Love ya!

Janet said...

Endure fits you right now Jenn. That first verses, I read over and over again when I lost my brother. It was sweet to see it again. God will sustain you. HE already has and He will continue.