`

`

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's okay to cry

Psalm 30:5 says "Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." My morning may not come tomorrow, but it will come.
I am on an emotional roller coaster. It's up. It's down. It's spinning in circles. One minute I will think I'm fine and then, BAM, before you know it, here come the tears! One thing I am realizing is, it's okay. I am 100% free to have ALL of these feelings. God knew the twists and turns this ride was going to take me on WAY before I ever hopped on board. He also knows just how long it's going to take me to go through this grieving process. God is the amazing Author of this book we call life. There are no unknowns for him. Proverbs 3:5 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding". I just have to trust that this will all work out. Trust that I am going to be okay. Trust that the ride will calm down, eventually. I don't have to understand. I just have to trust HIM.

5 comments:

lillymac said...

Wow, so perfect and so amazing! I am sure that is how we all feel you too. I promise the day will come when you smile and mean it. Prayers, thoughts, and hugs sent your way daily.

Anonymous said...

Jenn - Our thoughts are with you, Chris and your boys as you try to heal from this tragedy. Keep writing - it will help you return to your new normal. You WILL get there. Sending our love your way, The Bakers

leigh anna said...

so very true!
my daddy always told me, it is ok to feel those feelings because He gave them to us. if He didn't want us to have them, He wouldn't have given them to us. and....He can handle when we are upset, happy, hateful, etc more than any earthly person, so why not pour them out to him.

praying for you!

Hana said...

It's good to cry. Don't think you have to bottle it up and be super human. I love you and it was so good to talk with you yesterday. You sounded really good and more like yourself. Like you said, this is a roller coaster ride of emotions...good days, bad days, in-between days. You won't feel this way forever though. You will heal He will give you the strength and encouragement to get to that point. Praying for you daily!

xo
Hana

Rachel said...

Your writing is so amazing and I am in awe every day on how you portray your emotions so clearly and beautifully written. It's 100% ok to cry...let yourself feel your emotions. Even though it may not feel like it when you're down, but feeling your emotions and being able to express them like you do, are steps forward. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you!