`

`

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And this week at The Duke Academy....


This week's lessons have been about Leukemia. Holly was able to come over and teach the first lesson on Monday (pictured) to inform the kids about Matheson's disease and treatment. I took the boys to choose bandana's so they could "match" Matheson and have a little fun wearing them. As you can see Camron is not in the picture b/c he was not "feeling" the bandana! Aren't they all cute! There is also a picture of the Jaxon's wearing face masks like the Barber boys wear when they go see Matheson in the hospital. Of course I had to add a picture from the Caringbridge site of Matheson wearing his DUKE blue bandana....TOO CUTE!



2 comments:

lillymac said...

i love this lesson... how neat for the kids to learn this... wow! you teacher moms are awesome!

Bobby and Brooke said...

Very cute! i have a great Charlie Brown video about a child that has cancer. I showed it to my students last year when we learned about it in my class after my student was diagnosed.

It is a lesson I bet those kids will remember forever!