`

`

Thursday, July 31, 2008

An "oldie but goodie"

I was cleaning up around my desk and found this poem I wrote about prematurity and wanted to share. I think I may have written it for the March of Dimes last year but I don't really remember....anyway, here it is....
A premature baby
Born too early, too small
Regardless of his size
He is the strongest of them all
Surgeries, tubes, wires
Daily heel pricks and more
Think of all the pain
His little body must endure
It will be a roller coaster ride
His doctors and nurses say
As his Mother and Father
You just bow your head and pray
And hope that the ride
Isn't very long
And that you as his parent
Can be only half as strong
With God's will
And all the research being done
That day will soon come
When the fight with prematurity
Will be WON!!!

No comments: