`

`

Monday, March 24, 2008

I have been slack about posting lately!!
Happy Easter! The boys had an EXTREMELY fun weekend! They had a BIG Easter Egg Hunt at Nana and Poppi's Saturday. I definitely think it was the biggest one yet! Almost ALL of their friends were there! Yesterday they had a great morning seeing what the Easter Bunny brought. They all got Veggie Tales toys....3 different ones....what was that Easter Bunny thinking when he got Camron and Caden different toys?! Anyway, they loved them and just can't get enough. They had lots of fun at church yesterday and made some REALLY cute crafts! Their teachers ROCK!
I also decided this year that I was going to celebrate the boys "half" birthday's. Nothing big, just a 1/2 of a cake (Grandma so generously made them for me this time). We sing and they get something small. Yesterday was Jaxon's 1/2 birthday so we gave him a Ninja Turtle movie and today Camron and Caden got Diego "big boy" cups. We will do their 1/2 cake and singing tonight! It's fun and they like it so I think we will keep this tradition going!
SOOO, I had a wonderful Dr.'s appointment last week. They Dr. told me how great I was doing and how my muscle strength looked SO good and he was really impressed. He told me as long as my bloodwork came back okay, I could lower my prednisone to 9mg the following day, then within the next 4 weeks I could lower to 8mg before I came back to see him. Needless to say, I left there very excited although I have to admit that I had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach....(me and those weird feelings I get!). So that afternoon his nurse calls me (and I have to say I LOVE his nurses) and tells me that shockingly, my CK level (muscle enzymes) have shot back up over 3,000 and my liver levels are elevated as well. So what does this mean??? It means that I have to go BACK to taking 10mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening. I also have to go in today to have a blood test done to determine if I can take a drug called Imuran. For those of you who know what that is...I am NOT sure that I will take this unless it is absolutely necessary b/c of the side effects it can cause. He is also referring me to a Dr. at Duke for a second opinion. I will go back this Thursday to have my CK checked again to make sure it doesn't continue to rise. The good thing is that I feel good. I have been tired lately but I have been busy and doing a lot more than I am used to. Please pray that my levels will go back down without having to increase my meds too much! I hope this update fills you all in on everything. Oh, Chris....can't forget about Daddy-O. He is doing well. He has been complaining of a sore throat and it does look swollen but he's been a trooper...for a man anyway!
I hope this post finds you all well! I look forward to hearing from you all soon! I will post an Easter picture soon!

No comments: