`

`

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

poly-myo-si-tis

Many of you reading this are aware of my autoimmune disease, polymyositis.  I haven't talked about it in a while so I thought I would give an update.  We have been back and forth on what meds "help" and what not.  I am currently taking prednisone and methotrexate.  I haven't had a rituxin infusion since last September.  My levels at last check (which was about a month ago) were at a record LOW!  As a matter of fact, they were 2 away from being in the normal range.  Oddly enough about 2 weeks ago, I began having some pain.  My hands and wrists are the most bothersome.  Probably because they are being used the most.  The muscles in the backs of my legs have also been sore.  Sometimes to the touch.  Prayers are appreciated for the pain to stop!  I have to say I am thankful this disease is not affecting me in many of the ways it has other people.  It's not fun, that's for sure but, I am doing my best to focus on the positive.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

3 comments:

The Crooked Sticks said...

Praying the new vitamin regimien and your diet changes are the CURE for this thing. With God, all things are possible!

God's daughter said...

You've come this far with God. HE hasn't left and will take you further.

Cara said...

Hang on... hope better days are coming soon.