It seems that at the turn of every new year, there are so many resolutions, so many decisions, so many convictions. Often people have a word or a verse for the year. As 2011 came to an end and 2012 began, I didn't think I was going to have either. No reason, I just didn't want to fish for one and didn't feel like the Lord had given me one. I guess that's where patience pays off. No one said you had to have your word ready as the ball dropped on New Years Eve! God began pricking my heart over the past 2 days and my word came to me loud and clear.....
INVEST: to contribute effort to something: to contribute time, energy, or effort to an activity, project, or undertaking in the expectation of a benefit
I often struggle with this. I want so badly to be in God's will with my time that I often end up biting off more than I can chew. A friend said it wonderfully yesterday. She said " God will grace you with the wisdom to get it all done and be productive at the same time. That's His job. Our job is to make time for Him and the rest will fall into place...."
So, this year my conviction turned decision turned resolution is to invest. Invest me....where HE wants me!
Teaching Textbooks Giveaway with a Tablet!!
4 months ago

1 comment:
What a good goal to have in the year ahead! The idea of investing and not over-committing is ideal...but especially in areas that He calls us to invest our time. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment