`

`

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

***Disclaimer***
the following post is my personal opinion, based on my personal convictions...

A weakness of mine has always been putting too much value on what other people think. I have to remind myself constantly that I am to seek the approval of my Lord and Savior, no one else.

Just as Paul said, "Am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ"
(Galatians 1:10)

I am choosing to delete my facebook account. I am not a person who spends a great deal of time there anyway , but the time I spend there could definitely be used more wisely. Rather than spend 10-15 minutes surfing facebook while I feed the baby, I could spend that time praying for her instead. If it's during the day, I could spend that time catching up with an old friend who I haven't talked to in a while...oh wait, other than on facebook.
I feel like there is a whole world of actual FACE time passing us by. My social networking now will have to consist of calling a friend on the phone and asking them to meet me at the park or at "chickalay" rather than posting it on facebook and hoping someone shows.
I don't want to have to worry anymore about my posts. Will they offend someone? Will they make someone laugh? It doesn't matter. I am not striving to please others.
My convictions come from the strong desire to DO something. The Holy Spirit is tugging at my heart. I want to spend my time making memories. I want my daily activities, both with and without my children involved, to matter. I don't want to look at facebook and feel that twinge of, "oh, well, maybe I should be doing this", or,"look what so-and-so did, maybe I should be doing that too".
Do I think I will miss facebook? Sure! But I need to be obedient. And that means deleting the account and being content in doing so.

4 comments:

Lifesong... said...

happy cry!!! I am so proud of you friend...

Janet K said...

Amen! I'll meet you at the park one day;-)

The Crooked Sticks said...

Love you! Proud of your convictions. I should be praying about this as well...

lillymac said...

Tried to comment on K's blog too. So awesome. Proud of both of you.