On my way home from the gym this morning I heard a grief counselor, Dwight Bain, on K-Love. He was talking about the recent disasters caused by the tornadoes. He used an analogy that I loved. I can't remember it exactly but he referenced giant redwoods.

They are huge, massive trees. Some towering over 300 feet tall. Yet, their roots are only about 5 feet deep. How is that they do not topple over? The roots of the trees are intertwined. They don't fall because they have the strength of each other helping them to stand. As I was listening to this, I immediately began to think of the many situations over the years that I have been a part of a "root system" such as this. Where Christians come together to help each other stand when they just don't think they have the strength to stand alone. Some of these situations were not my own directly but I was able to play a part, while some were my own and so many others helped me. I am so grateful for the "roots" in my life. What a blessing to be a part of such a wonderful body of Christ.


No comments:
Post a Comment