`

`

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blessings

While reading One Thousand Gifts, I have been paying closer attention to things I am thankful for that you wouldn't normally give "thanks" for necessarily. Blessings, if you will, that don't jump out at you and scream I'M A BLESSING! Blessings can come in many different shapes and sizes. There are blessings that you may not even realize are blessings at the time and then one day you have that "a-ha" moment and realize you should have been thanking God for it all along. This can cover a wide range and speak to each person individually. Blessings aren't always a direct answer to prayer. They aren't always "good" or "happy". Anyway, I heard an interview with Laura Story on K-Love explaining the lyrics to one of her new songs, Blessings. You can listen to that interview here. The song is beautiful. It really spoke to me and I wanted to share. I encourage you to slow down. Look at this beautiful world around you and think of ALL you have to be thankful for. Count your blessings. I mean, REALLY give thought to them. Not just your "happy" moments when God answered an obvious prayer but maybe the time he said "no" and you saw the blessing later. Make a list. It helps when you are feeling down or discouraged! Think about it on this rainy day....as Laura Story says, "...what if your blessings come through raindrops..."

2 comments:

The Crooked Sticks said...

Love this and love you!

Bobby and Brooke said...

Love this! I'm sending you a text now in response! Love you!