Some days are yellow.
Some are blue.
On different days I'm different too.
You'd be surprised how many ways I change on Different Colored Days.
On Bright Red Days how good it feels to be a horse and kick my heels!
On other days I'm other things.
On Bright Blue Days I flap my wings.
Some days, of course, feel sort of Brown.
Then I feel slow and low, low down.
Then comes a Yellow Day and Wheeeeeee I am a busy, buzzy bee.
Gray Day....Everything is gray. I watch. But nothing moves today.
Then all of a sudden I'm a circus seal! On my Orange Days that's how I feel.
Green Days. Deep deep in the sea. Cool and quiet fish. That's me.
On Purple Days I'm sad. I groan. I drag my tail. I walk alone.
But when my days are Happy Pink it's great to jump and just not think.
Then come my Black Days. MAD. And loud. I howl. I growl at every cloud.
Then comes a Mixed-Up Day. And WHAM!
I don't know who or what I am!
But it all turns out all right, you see. And I go back to being...me.
This book came to mind today as I sat alone with my thoughts. I couldn't help to think how well this describes me right now. I feel so brown. I feel so purple. I feel so grey. I feel so black. I really don't know who or what I am but I do know that one of these days, the other colors will return and I WILL go back to being me.
Teaching Textbooks Giveaway with a Tablet!!
4 months ago

6 comments:
In my Griefshare group I heard the story about how an opal is colorless until warmth hits it....I wrote a post later that night about this and how I can feel the warmth of the Master's hand and how the color is coming back into my life. http://gottjoy.blogspot.com/2010/04/opals.html
But like you, my days are a variety of colors as I process a variety of emotions. But God is so good, just stay in His hand. He is so faithful.
Thinking of you....
Jenn I cannot wait for the day when you are back to being you! You are so fun and so happy you always make me laugh! It will take time and that is what friends are for!
kara
This is a great post Jenn. So applicable to your loss, but also to everyday life. I too know that your colors will return...it will just take time. <3 <3
I love you AND your many colors! Besides, I have many colored days... and don't really have a good excuse! :)
I think this is a great way to put it, your boys would totally be able to read that book, and relate! We use this book in our class to talk about our feelings. Even though sometimes we don't feel great, all of our feelings are important and help us to know what and who we are!
I love you, all your colors, and your ability to put your colors into words! :)
I can't believe I've never seen that Dr Seuss book before! What a perfect description for how you are feeling. Praying that you feel "Pink" again soon! Love you!
xoxoxo
Hana
Post a Comment