`

`

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

In my family, Christmas is definitely one of the most treasured times of the year. I, personally, love everything about Christmas. I love what it means, I love the giving, I love the cooking...seriously, I love EVERYTHING about Christmas. Having said this, you will understand why I like to decorate early for Christmas. Daddy-O says I do it earlier and earlier each year and I think he may be right. I told him I was going to start decorating right after Halloween and I got a big fat "oh no you're not!". Well, I decided I was going to do a little bit this week. I mean, heck, what's he going to do take it down once he gets home from work...(wink, wink, love you honey =)!) Sooo, I climb right on up into the attic today to get the boys Christmas tree down for their playroom. While I was up there I spotted this SUPER cute snowman that stands on the front porch each year. So Mr. Snowman and myself proceed back down the ladder from the attic and I sat his heavy butt on the washing machine while I went back up to get the tree. Well, when me and the tree come back down the ladder, the tree knocks Mr. Snowman over who knocks the liquid laundry detergent over which falls (with the top OFF might I add) and spills in between the washer and dryer. To top it all off, it was a brand new bottle of detergent which makes me so mad b/c that's like wiping money up off the floor, soaking it into a rag and tossing it into the trash (then I remembered it was bogo so I wasn't AS upset about it!) Anyway, to put a positive spin on this, my laundry room floor is nice and clean and it smells GREAT in there! Now, I am off to put the Christmas tree up in the playroom! 'Tis the season to be jolly!

4 comments:

lillymac said...

We LOVE it ALL too... we're going to start decorating tonight! I hope to be done by the weekend. :)

Janet said...

Wow your crazy. Since I host my family for Thanksgiving I can't do Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Good idea about a tree for the kids..Daniel was taking everything off ours last year and broke some.

The Barbers said...

I bet your one of those people that sings christmas carols all the time too! :) - The Grinch

Bobby and Brooke said...

...It's actually 'tis the season to be thankful but whatev! ;)