`

`

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My son with the GINORMOUS heart!

This is short and sweet....
We saw a raccoon, dead on the side of the road on the way to prayer group yesterday. Jaxon pointed it out so I told him that it was sad that animals get hit by cars but that was part of life and they are living in heaven now. That was that. Well today, I was taking the boys to hang out with Poppi while I went to serve at the soup kitchen. The route is the same as the one taken yesterday. Jaxon informs me that while he was with Poppi, they were going to go get the raccoon and bury it. I told him there were people who do that for a living and he didn't need to worry about it...not to mention Poppi's back is hurt {badly} and he can't go move anything. He said {while fighting back tears} that he "didn't like to see the raccoon there and someone needed to move it and if Poppi can't do it then you or Nana can just put on some gloves and pick it up then your hands won't have to touch it and it won't be there on the side of the road anymore". I think it is great that at 5 years old he has such a huge heart and cares so much about all of God's creatures!
The poor raccoon is still there, btw.....hopefully those people who do that for a living will take care of it asap!

3 comments:

Ali said...

So sweet....
Although....that sweet racoon isn't in heaven ya know? LOL....I would love to think animals go to heaven, but it just ain't so. Hard to explain to a kid though, I know. What a sweet boy to have such a tender heart though!

leigh anna said...

hey....i would LOVE to make you a header

email me some pictures
and some colors that you want
(or a theme)

and i'll email it back to you

my email address is
laokeef@gmail.com

:) i'm excited, i can't wait! :)

leigh anna said...

:) so glad you like it!! :)
let me know when you are ready for a new one!