`

`

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Boo to shots!

The boys had their 3 and 5 year check ups yesterday. They all did great. Camron and Caden are in the 25th percentile for height and between the 25th and 50th for weight. Jaxon is between the 75th and 90th percentile for height and close to the 90th for weight! Camron and Caden had to get their fingers pricked and they both got the flu shot. They only cried for a minute then the sucker I brought for them calmed them right down. Jaxon had to get 5 shots and his finger pricked. It would have been 4 and the flu mist but after being given the choice, Jaxon CHOSE the shot over the mist! Boy was I surprised! Now, let me just tell you that last year when Jax got the flu shot, he had to be physically restrained by like 3 adults. This year I was afraid it would take way more than that being he had to get so many. We talked to him before his appointment and told him everything to expect.(I scheduled them separately so I wouldn't have all 3 getting shots together!) He did AWESOME! He sat right on my lap and I held him still while she gave him all 5 shots! 2 in one arm, 3 in the other! Needless to say, he got a reward afterwards! GO DUKE BOYS!

No comments: