`

`

Friday, August 29, 2008

Mission IMPOSSIBLE!

Can you hear the background noise..."da-da-da-dada-da-da-da-da-da-dada," Ok, so, maybe not....anyway....the mission was and has been for Mommy to get a FULL nights sleep, uninterrupted sleep, you know, the kind where you go to sleep and don't wake up until morning. That is pretty much unheard of in my house and has been for as long as I can remember. Unheard of for me that is, not for Daddy-O who could sleep through a rocket ship barreling through our house at warp speed, and not for any of the boys who sleep through the night whenever they please. But what happens on those nights they decide NOT to sleep through the night...I'll tell you what happens, Dear, Sweet Mommy gets up and gets them back to sleep! Picture this...It's approximately 4:30am (SO close to a FULL night...yet SO far away!), I am awakened to my oldest Darling Son standing inches from my face saying "Mommy, Mommy, MOMMY!!" I respond with a low and grumbling "what, Jaxon". "Take me back to bed" he says...UGH, okay, out of bed I go, to walk him back to his room b/c apparently he forgot his way (as he does most nights). He gets back in to bed and I stand there to be sure he drifts off back to sleep. As I round the corner to get back into my nice, cozy bed, I see 2 wide eyes and little puppy ears all perked up...yep, Maggie needs to go out. I carry her down the stairs (she's too small to make it all the way down on her own still) and outside we go. She pees and poops...good thing too b/c I would have been mad if I had taken her out for a wee hour play time! Back to bed I go..YAY! As soon as my head hits the pillow, literally, I hear heaving. The cat was throwing up right outside my bedroom door. Now, to be 100% honest with you, before the days of Maggie, I may very well have left it there to be dealt with in the morning BUT I didn't want the dog to eat it so UP I got, AGAIN, to clean up cat vomit! When that was done, I got back in bed only to almost drift off to sleep when I hear Caden crying......I tried to ignore it BUT, it triggered Camron (yes I am serious). So up I went before they woke up amigo #3, to see what was ailing the two of them. Nothing, of course! They were crying in their sleep. I snuggled their blankies close to them then trudged back to my bed to get a few more minutes of sleep before time to get up for good! There is no doubt in my mind that this mission will one day be completed....until then, I will have to make due with being a Night Owl and an Early Bird!

No comments: