`

`

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

a few new updates

We found the blankie...safe and sound....in between the mattress and the sheet. I haven't a clue how it got there but we found it and that's what's important!
I talked with my nurse today about my levels and what they all mean. Not the greatest news I could have received but not the worst either so for that I am thankful. My CK levels are still on the rise. Probably because I have only been on 10mg of prednisone for a month and that just isn't enough right now to keep my levels down. My AST level is still slightly elevated and the Dr. thinks that is currently due to muscle breakdown. I feel okay but I can tell that I am starting to get weaker. I am still able to exercise daily, though, so that is a plus for me! So, what does all this mean? It means that I am going to have to go back up to 15mg of prednisone a day as well as start taking a new medicine called Methotrexate. This is something they give cancer patients so it's no joke but hopefully it will do it's job of getting my levels down and getting me off prednisone. That would be LOVELY. Prednisone is no fun short term so this long term stuff is starting to work my nerves! I will take methtrotrexate once a week and they say it will make you feel "unwell". I guess I will have to wait and see what end of the spectrum I fall in the "unwell" category. I am pretty tough so I should be okay!
Jaxon had his first swim lesson today with the best swim teacher EVER! Thanks Anne! He got a kick board tonight and was asking when he could take it back to Mrs. Anne's pool to show her! Our time and Grandma and Papa's pool next week should prove to be lots of fun! Camron and Caden got bikes from Nana. Of course we buy them Lightening McQueen helmets and they 3T is too SMALL! Oh boy those big old brains need more protection! Off to return them for bigger ones tomorrow I guess! I also bought some old fashioned "rubber pants" for them so we can REALLY start potty training....bye bye diapers. I am putting them in underwear tomorrow with the rubber pants on top! I know some of you are thinking WHY? Well, I really don't feel like hunting for 2 little boys pee-pee puddles all over my house so I am hoping the rubber pants will differ that a little. We'll see how long it lasts! We may be spending A LOT of time outside! HA!
Ok, so much for a quick little update, huh? SORRY! I will get more pics on here asap!
Later Taters!

No comments: